Lucy Star Doll Dress PDF Pattern
This is a special 18" doll dress pattern that strikes a balance between lovely, sweet, and interestingly smart details for the girl in your life who has a big imagination.
Some of the features include:
* can be made for handmade 16-18" handmade Waldorf dolls or American Girl Dolls
* an adorable bodice with contrast piping
* a peter pan collar
* a scalloped peplum skirt
* shirred inset back bodice
* lots of photos for each step
It is my hope that this dress will spark hours of creative play within your child's heart that only the wonder of a one-of-a-kind item can. My most ambitious wish is that one day she will run her hands over the details and admire your patient love for her when unpacking it as a keepsake for her own children and be clothed in memories.
See photos in product listing to see fabric yardage needed.
Additional materials needed:
* elastic thread for shirring
* zipper or piping foot required
* 4 buttons (optional)
* 1 yard of 3/8" to 1/2" wide ribbon for the straps (see my supply shop)
* 1 yard of ribbon or trim for hem of skirt
* 1 yard piping cord 1/8" or narrower
* 1/8 yard of 3/8" ribbon for button placket
* turning tool (a chopstick or a long pencil will work too)
* quilting ruler, rotary cutter, and quilting mat (optional)
* fabric pencil
* 1/4" wide wonder tape (optional but highly recommended to create the button placket with ease)